Of course the kids , being kids, wanted to sleep in the fort.....Maddy I guess didn't think it was such a good idea sometime during the night!
Thursday we got everything ready to go to the lake for Father's Day weekend! We love camping and go ANY chance we get!!!
I love hiking so I drug my lil ones, puppy, and hubby with me for a hike on trails I had found while out riding my bike last time we were out. They thought it was a good idea at first...See the big smiles?
Away we go!
Still smiling with mama....

Absolutely beautiful trails!
Well we got a little lost....
And very hot....
So luckily I am trying to get back in shape after 18 years of smoking and stopping all exercise because it was too hard to breath. When I quit smoking I expected some weight gain but never expected all that I gained. I finally went to the doctor to find out my thyroid went crazy at the same time and that was the cause of most of my weight. Well, I have stopped gaining because I'm on medicine now but can not loose the stupid weight so I started to track everything I eat and do. Fortunately I have an awesome app on my phone called Map My Run that is kind of a GPS so when we got WAY off of the paths we intended to hike I was able to navigate us back to our original path. I saw places I didn't even know existed in that park! The kids had their fill of bugs, the hubby had his fill of their whining, the dog had anxiety about loosing me and I was covered in ticks! But through all that I had fun. I don't think I can say the same for them but whatever!
Our crazy route! I didn't start it from the time we took off but thank God I did start it!
Don't worry the girls recovered quickly and were out fishing with Papa in no time!
The puppy didn't quite bounce back as quickly!
We had planned to stay until Monday but it rained Saturday night and Sunday morning and it was soggy out so we packed up and went home early. It was such a fun weekend! I always hate coming back! Morgan made a fire in the backyard and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows with the girls and I caught up on my DVR. I think even though we left the campground early Morgan still had a good Father's Day. Vacation Bible School starts Monday for the lil girls so that will be most of next week but hopefully we can squeeze in one or two extras if the weather cooperates with us!














No comments:
Post a Comment